Tala Dance Center is a non-profit artistic organisation founded on February 14th 2000. The founders are Larisa Navojec and Tamara Curić, artists who have been successfully working in the field of contemporary dance as professional dancers, choreographers and dance teachers for many years.
Our institution’s activities tend to popularize contemporary dance for children, youth and adults. To this end, we organize and perform various programs in the field of contemporary dance, while the priority is given to the following programs:
- performing and creating fot theatre ,
- educational programs with a wide range of dance techniques
- daily training sessions for professional dancers, workshops, courses
- networking with national and international dance scene
- organization of dance projects and events
- promoting and supporting initiatives for the development of dance
- collaboration with cultural and other institutions and artists on various projects to carry them out
we collaborate and associate with foreign dancers, choreographers, cultural institutions, centers and organizations in Europe and worldwide. We achieve a regional program through a network of partners in order to continue to develop, track new trends, to adcance, acquire better working and educational conditions and to join in the systems of modern funding of art and culture.
We initiated and are currently organizing Platform.HR, an event which:
- presents the work of national and international choreographers
- encourages the development of contemporary dance scene in Croatia
- helps young and affirmed choreographers and dancers to show and realize their ideas and individual approaches to dance art
- implements a series of cooperations with recognized international choreographis centers and artists
- offers local, regional and international presentation and cultural collaborations to dancers and choreographers through a variety of programs
We sucessfully collaborate with many theaters, festivals and organizations at home and abroad.